Learn about the eligibility criteria for shipping with Webinterpret Returns and Shipping, including dangerous and prohibited goods for international and domestic shipping and a list of exemplary prohibited products.
Topics in this article:
1. Maximum shipment dimensions:
- Weight: 30kg (66 lbs)
- Length: 150cm (59 in)
- Length + Girth combined: 300cm (118 in)
2. Maximum shipment value: $5000 USD
3. Dangerous and prohibited goods are not permitted (see below)
Dangerous and prohibited goods (with examples)
Not all items are eligible for international and domestic shipping as they might be classified as dangerous and/or prohibited.
Dangerous and prohibited goods transport is regulated by international and national regulations in accordance with the respective mode of transport. The purpose of these regulations is to prevent accidents for people, property and environmental damage. Regulations may include packaging requirements, maximum amounts that can be transported and the kind of goods that can or cannot be transported together in the same transport unit.
In order to ensure consistency between these regulations, mechanisms for the harmonization of hazard classification criteria/hazard communication tools as well as for transport conditions for all modes of transport have been established.
Such products cannot be shipped through airways, so express services will exclude them as they may explode, leak or start a fire.
Examples of dangerous and prohibited goods:
- Dangerous, inflammable, or corrosive products
- Compressed air products (i.e. aerosols, gas bottles, extinguishers)
- Lithium-ion battery not already included in equipment (i.e. Mobile phones, laptops, cameras*)
- Electronic smoking devices
- Engine or gearbox not drained
- Household appliances
- Plasma TVs and LCD screens over 32"
- Cash, jewelry made of precious stones or metals
- Money (all types, even negotiable instruments considered as cash i.e. securities, shares)
- Explosives, fireworks and other incendiary or inflammable articles, firearms, war weapons, munitions, and spare parts
- Human bodies, organs or body parts, human or animal embryos, incinerated or decomposed human remains, dangerous waste, including but not restricted to used hypodermic needles and/or syringes or medical waste
- Perishable foodstuffs, plants, and plant products
*Only one item containing a battery is allowed per consignment. Products including a powerful battery are forbidden (i.e. Electric bicycles and wheels, electric motors).