In this article you will learn what to do when your items are blocked because of insufficient selling limits. You can request a selling limit increase directly from eBay.
Topics in this article:
Selling limits - what it means
eBay selling limits (sometimes referred to as selling allowances) are designed to help you grow your business in a manageable way. eBay reviews your account every month and adjusts limits automatically based on your current subscription, volume of sales and buyer feedback. Both active and sold listings count towards your monthly limit.
If your listings are blocked due to insufficient selling limits, this means that your eBay selling limits have been reached and Webinterpret is unable to publish more internationally listings.
You can follow the instructions from this eBay article to check your selling limits and to apply for a selling limits increase from eBay.
Selling limits count the number of items that are available for sale within a single listing (your inventory). For example, if you have 10 listings and each listing has an inventory of 10 items, these listings will take up 100 items’ worth in your selling limits.
Maximizing your selling limits
Suggestions for maximizing your selling limits to list internationally with Webinterpret:
- Apply for a selling limits increase from eBay
- Decrease the number of available items per listing on your domestic listings (these will automatically be reflected on your international listings with Webinterpret)
- Contact Webinterpret to decrease the number of available items per international listing, or the number of listings on international eBay marketplaces:
- To decrease the number of available items per listings, we can set a maximum number of items per listing that cannot be exceeded (per international eBay marketplace)
- To decrease the number of listings on international eBay marketplaces, we can set a maximum number of listings that cannot be exceeded (per international eBay marketplace)
- Close your lowest performing international eBay marketplace(s)
Note: Good ‘Til Canceled listings will not renew automatically, if your selling limit has been reached.