This article contains information about the new minimum ad rate requirement for Promoted Listings on eBay. You will also learn how to adjust your ad rate.
Topics in this article:
New minimum ad rate requirement
eBay will be implementing a change to the Promoted Listings service: the minimum ad rate will be 2% (instead of 1%). eBay will apply this change in July 2022 for all marketplaces.
In order to support you with keeping your promotions live, Webinterpret will automatically update your Promoted Listings with the minimum 2% ad rate just before eBay’s release. All existing campaigns will be updated with this new ad rate (otherwise, eBay will stop promoting all items with an ad rate below 2%).
How to adjust your ad rate
You can directly revise your Promoted Listings campaigns through the Webinterpret Dashboard. We suggest that:
- If you are applying a fixed ad rate lower than 2%, we advise you to change it to at least 2%. We encourage you to look at our Webinterpret Recommended rate, which can help you to remain competitive, save costs, and simplify the overall campaign process.
- If you are applying a range rate with a minimum lower than 2%, we advise you to change this minimum to at least 2%. Again, you can select our Webinterpret Recommended rate to simplify your ad rate process, remain competitive and save costs.
In both cases, please follow these instructions:
1. Go to your Marketing Dashboard
2. Review the AD RATE column for each campaign in your list of campaigns
3. To change the ad rate percentage (%), click on the Edit (pencil) icon beside each campaign to adapt your fixed or range-based rate with a minimum of 2% (or, apply our Webinterpret Recommended rate)
4. Go to your Settings tab
5. Review your ad rate preferences for each market
6. To change the ad rate percentage (%), simply click on the Edit (pencil) icon beside each marketplace and change your fixed or range-based rate to a minimum of 2%