In this article you will find out general information about dangerous and prohibited goods. Here you will also find a list consisting of exemplary prohibited products.
Topics in this article:
Dangerous And Prohibited Goods - Overview
Not all items are eligible to be shipped internationally as they might be classified as dangerous/prohibited goods.
Dangerous goods transports are regulated by international and national regulations according to the respective mode of transport. The purpose of these regulations is to prevent accidents to people and property as well as damage to the environment. Regulations include issues such as packaging requirements, the maximum amounts that can be transported and the kinds of goods that can or cannot be transported in the same transport unit.
In order to ensure consistency between all these regulations, mechanisms for the harmonization of hazard classification criteria and hazard communication tools as well as for transport conditions for all modes of transport have been established.
There is unlikely that they could be delivered via airway which excludes them from being possible to deliver via express services.
Dangerous And Prohibited Goods - Examples
You can find the list of such products below:
- Dangerous, inflammable, or corrosive products
- Compressed air products (for example aerosols, gas bottles, extinguishers)
- Lithium-ion battery except if it's included in the equipment (mobile phone, laptop, camera, etc. CAREFUL: only one item containing a battery is allowed per consignment). Products including a powerful battery are forbidden (electric bicycles and wheels, electric motors, etc.).
- Electronic smoking devices
- Engine or gearbox not drained
- Household appliances
- Plasma TVs, and LCD screens over 32"
- Cash, jewelry made of precious stones or metals
- Explosives, fireworks and other incendiary or inflammable articles, firearms, war weapons, munitions, and spare parts
- Money - all types even negotiable instruments considered as cash, such as securities, shares, etc.
- Human bodies, organs or body parts, human or animal embryos, incinerated or decomposed human remains, dangerous waste, including but not restricted to, used hypodermic needles and/or syringes or medical waste
- Perishable foodstuffs, plants, and plant products
If you have any additional questions about prohibited products, don't hesitate to contact our Support Team.