Promoted Listings Standard FAQs:
- Which items can be included in a campaign?
- Where are campaigns visible on eBay?
- How does Webinterpret select products to include in a campaign?
- Why aren't listings being shown in my Promoted Listings campaign, but they are present in my inventory?
- Do I need to accept the Terms and Conditions for each marketplace to launch a campaign?
- Once I have accepted the Terms and Conditions for each marketplace, when can I see my campaigns?
- Where can I monitor my campaign results?
- How does Webinterpret decide how many campaigns and subsequent listings should be made?
- What ad rate percentage is applied to listings?
- What is the cost of Promoted Listings Standard once the free trial expires?
- How does the credit process work during the free trial period?
- Will my one-month free trial automatically end on its own?
- Can I select which listings are included in a campaign?
- How do I end active campaigns?
Which items can be included in a campaign?
To be eligible for Promoted Listings, a product should meet eBay prerequisites which are as follows:
- The listing(s) are a fixed price (Buy It Now) item
- The listing(s) are in one of the categories that support Promoted Listings (see the eBay article Categories that support Promoted Listings)
- The listing(s) are not within the categories of real estate or motors
- The listing(s) are not already being promoted (items can only be included in one campaign at a time)
For more information, see Eligible countries and criteria for Promoted Listings.
Where are campaigns visible on eBay?
Listings promoted using Promoted Listings Standard will be prominently featured through buyer searches on the marketplace, sponsored modules on listing pages, and through My eBay (including sold or ended items pages, product results pages and more).
The graphic below shows where and how Promoted Listings Standard will have increased visibility to buyers on eBay:
How does Webinterpret select products to include in a campaign?
Webinterpret follows the basic eBay prerequisites described above.
Our algorithm selects items from your eligible listings and promptly kicks off a learning phase based on success rates. Based on these results, adjustments will be automatically made to consistently achieve the highest success rate.
Why aren't listings being shown in my Promoted Listings campaign, but they are present in my inventory?
If you already promote these items by yourself (those from your domestic eBay market), we cannot also sponsor them through the Webinterpret Promoted Listings Standard service. Items can only be promoted through one Promoted Listings Standard campaign at a time.
Do I need to accept the Terms and Conditions for each marketplace to launch a campaign?
Yes. For each marketplace you wish to activate Promoted Listings Standard in, agreeing to the Terms and Conditions for that specific marketplace is required. Without this approval, we cannot launch a Promoted Listings Standard campaign.
As with international sales (in general), please bear in mind that the more markets you decide to advertise in, the likelier the case that you will see an increase in both listing visibility and sales!
Once I have accepted the Terms and Conditions for each marketplace, when can I see my campaigns?
Promoted Listings Standard campaigns will begin within 24-48 hours of approving a marketplace's Terms and Conditions.
Where can I monitor my campaign results?
From Marketing Dashboard, you can view your campaign metrics and performance, such as overall total sales, ad costs and impressions (i.e. views and clicks).
See How to access and view reporting for Promoted Listings for a deeper breakdown.
How does Webinterpret decide how many campaigns and subsequent listings should be made?
eBay specifies a limit of 50,000 items per campaign. As a result, we create as many campaigns as are required to promote your listings based on the most relevant data.
What ad rate percentage is applied to listings?
You can now manage your ad rate percentage (%) directly from your Marketing Dashboard using the Ad Rate Manager.
See How to manage your Promoted Listings Standard ad rate for more information about the different ad rate options, and how to apply them.
Note: Sellers on the Promoted Listings Standard free trial for their international listings will need to upgrade to a subscription in order to have full access to the Ad Rate Manager. Sellers on the Promoted Listings Standard free trial for their domestic listings can access and make changes with the Ad Rate Manager immediately.
What is the cost of Promoted Listings Standard once the free trial expires?
For Promoted Listings Standard (for your international listings), there are no additional costs from Webinterpret.
During the free trial, Webinterpret will cover your ad cost by providing a credit for those ad fees charged by eBay. Once the free trial expires, the feature will revert to our standard version of the service where Webintepret will not provide a credit for eBay ad fee charges. This means you will incur any applicable eBay ad fees. However, Webinterpret does not charge any fees for using our Promoted Listings Standard service.
For Promoted Listings Standard (for your domestic listings), fees charged by Webinterpret depend on the domestic listings plan you have chosen:
- Performance plan: ($/￡) 0 per month + 0.75% per transaction
- Marketing plan (individual service option): ($/￡) 20 per month + 1% per sponsored ad transaction
During the free trial, you will cover any eBay ad fee charges. There is no success fee charged by Webinterpret. Once the free trial expires, you will continue to cover the ad cost charged by eBay as well as a % success fee from Webinterpret (depending on your chosen domestic plan, above).
For more information, see Webinterpret Pricing Plans.
Note: Any commission fees associated with your subscription plan are entirely separate from the Promoted Listings Standard service fees described above and remain as is.
How does the credit process work during the free trial period?
A credit will appear directly on your monthly invoice from Webinterpret during the free trial period.
Will my one-month free trial automatically end on its own?
Once the one-month free trial period has ended, you don't need to take any additional action to continue using the Promoted Listings Standard feature. Webinterpret will keep your campaigns active and you will be a part of the regular eBay Promoted Listings Standard plan.
Can I select which listings are included in a campaign?
Yes. Our Exclusion of Items feature allows you to control which items should not be promoted in your ad campaigns, in the event you do not want to promote all of your listings.
For more information about this feature, see How to exclude your items from being promoted through Promoted Listings.
How do I end active campaigns?
You can end your active campaigns by closing or pausing the associated marketplace. See How to open and close marketplaces for Promoted Listings.