In this article you will learn how medical items are localized in international marketplaces. Here you will find out different countries' regulations and what items you should be careful selling internationally.
Topics in this article:
- Selling medical items internationally - important information
- Medical items - different countries' regulations
- Items you should be careful selling internationally
Selling medical items internationally - important information
Medical items are subject to strict controls in some countries. Germany in particular has strict rules about importing and selling health products.
Healthcare or other medical-related goods, or items that require a prescription from a doctor, dentist, optometrist, or veterinarian aren't allowed on eBay or may require special conditions to sell on international markets.
Medical items - different countries' regulations
To avoid account policy violations, please investigate beforehand if your items abide by each foreign country’s rules and regulations:
Items you should be careful selling internationally
Here's a list of items you should be careful when selling on foreign marketplaces:
- Holistic products
For example, eBay in the US doesn't allow the following types of items:
- Contact lenses (prescription and nonprescription), as well as other prescription eyewear
- Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP), Variable Positive Airway Pressure (VPAP), and Continuous Positive Air Pressure (CPAP) machines and most accessories
- Implantable devices such as knee, hip, or shoulder implants
- Hearing aids, as well as certain professional medical equipment and supplies may be listed, but certain guidelines must be followed
Please be mindful of each country's guidelines.